Friday, December 30, 2011

Fuck the (Food) Police

Everyone has their own way of eating. Some people are always on the go and shove McDonald's or Subway into their mouths every day, some people are vegetarians and don't eat meat, while others are really hardcore and don't even eat food that came from an animal.  We call those crazy assholes vegans.  As insane as that lifestyle sounds I actually commend the vegan lifestyle simply because it seems really hard to do.  A lot of important vitamins, minerals and protein's that were easy to come by from meat, milk, eggs etc are out of the question.  If it did not seem like such a huge pain in the ass I would consider trying the vegan lifestyle for a change and clean out whatever horrible toxins that have remained dormant in my system since I was old enough to make my own meal choices.  Usually your body does not resent you when fruits and vegetables are the main staple of your diet.  Although if you have read some of my recent posts, you are aware that I eat a HELL of a lot better than I use to.

What gets on my nerves are the people that tell us what we can and can't eat.  It seems like every other day there is some new fad diet that has everyone going crazy because they thought they were suppose to be eating the shit they were told to eat last week by the same group of people.  They're called the food police.  They spend their time doing research and stupid scientific studies over a span of 30 years only to discover that putting ketchup on your french fries may lead to slowly and painfully dying of cancer.  Then again, that would explain why people in Holland put mayonnaise on their fries.    
I seen'em do it man, they fuckin drown'em in that shit!
Obviously its not "recommended" that you eat fast food every day.  All that sugar, salt and fat can be pretty hardcore.  We don't need any shit doesn't stink asshole scientist to tell us that.  But if its 3am, you've been out all night drinking with your buddies and your (hopefully) designated driver comes across a McDonald's or Burger king and wants to pull in for a snack then fuckin'a feast away.  There's a reason fast food places are open late.  

No matter what we have for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a late night snack some prick that spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to go to college is going to tell us that "a new study finds that banana's are the leading cause of peoples heads blowing off."  There actually are some lab coat wearing mother fuckers that believe fruits are bad for us.  Are you kidding me?  Sure a lot of today's produce are grown in a different environment.  They are bigger and sweeter than organically grown produce.  But until organic food companies stop charging an arm and a leg I will continue to chow down on apples and oranges that not only taste crisp and sweet but also help me shit my brains out if I need a little help with a bowel movement.  Organic food causes me to scratch my head.  A product that does not have anything added to it cost more than a product that has a bunch of stuff that I can't even pronounce added to it.  That makes as much sense as parents complaining about school lunch menus because they don't provide enough nutrition.  I remember when I was a kid I brought my lunch from home.            

At the end of the day I make a decent enough living that allows me to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner on a consistent basis.  That's more then a lot of people in the world can say.  It kicks ass that if I wanted to I could dial a number order a pizza and have it at my doorstep within half an hour.  If I don't eat the whole pizza, I'll stick it in the fridge and have the rest for breakfast tomorrow.  Cold pizza is the best breakfast of all time.  That is fucking luxury compared to a lot of other people in the world that dig through restaurant dumpsters and find a shit load of unused food that the restaurants just threw away.  How come the food police isn't doing anything about that?    

No comments:

Post a Comment