Thursday, December 22, 2011

Dear Santa...

Dear Santa,

Whats happening?  Before I get into my letter I'd like to say those Best Buy commercials that have those parents buying trunk fulls of presents for their bratty kids telling you "Its on" are fucking horse shit.  Any stupid electronic store can slap a discount sticker on an I-Pad "Just in time for the holidays."  If I were you, I would run two sleighs this year.  One for all the kids you plan on visiting and another to dump a shit load of coal on the doorstep of the Best Buy CEO.  If you need me to drive the Best Buy one, I would be more than happy.  Now, on to my Christmas list.  

I know its been a long time between letters.  The last time I remember writing to you was when I wanted a Teddy Ruxpin doll.  Remember those talking bears that had a built in cassette tape player in his back?  You play a specific tape and it would tell you stories from his past that would keep a kid entertained for hours at a time.         
Play with me children....
It was one of the best Christmas presents I ever got.  To this day I can still remember how speechless I was when I tore off the wrapping paper and saw Teddy looking back at me.  What I also remember about that Christmas is you also brought my younger brother Matt a talking Alf doll.  It was one of those dolls that every time you gave him a squeeze he would say one of about 4 different catch phrases. 
How bout a hug for the old Alfer...

Two brothers, two 80's fad toy's, one very Merry Christmas's.  

This year my list is a little different.  Even though I'm gonna be home for a weekend in January, for the first time in my life I will be away from my friends and family while they are taring open presents and sitting down to Christmas dinner.  It will be a tough transition, but in a shitty way I know it will be good for me.  The whole experience of being away from home for the past four months has been eye opening.  I've never gone this long without seeing my parents.  Its taken me 27 years, but I'm finally starting to officially grow up.  

The only present I ask for myself would be to get a Job... I'm living in one of the coolest cities in the world and have almost ZERO money to get out there and experience it first hand.  

For my Brother it would be cool if he got some kind of break music wise.  Right now he's working some customer service Job in New York.  He's to awesome of a musician to not blossom.  

For both my Parents, see what you can do to make sure there are not any crazy winter storms that might fuck up my brother and I's travel plans in the first weekend of January.  Who knows when we will BOTH be home again.  Would be cool if the sky's remained clear and the roads remained bare.  

Also... share some warmth for my Grandfather down in South Carolina.  He's watching his wife, my Grandmother slowly slip away from Alzheimer's.  This time of year must be pretty lonely for him.  Stop in on him and have a beer.

In closing, keep up the good work.  You've been kicking ass for a long time making kids all over the world happy on Christmas morning.  Give your reindeer a pet for me, I'll be looking for Rudolph's nose Saturday night.  Love to the Mrs!

-Mike     


No comments:

Post a Comment