Friday, November 25, 2011

If there is a God, I hope he or she kicks ass

I've been hearing a lot about this God being for most of my life.  Its pretty hard to avoid him...or her, who fucking knows.  Its a topic that pisses people off, gives people hope and seems to have a powerful influence whenever there's some election having to do with a couple of dudes wanting to tie the knot.   A lot of people seem to have a problem with it and can't mind their own business I guess.  Yeah I know it says in the bible that its "not the custom" for two men to lay next to each other.   Most of my youth centered around going to Church every Sunday morning, which sucked because it took precious sleeping time out of my weekends.  Instead of sleeping in on my last day off before school on Monday morning, I have to fucking get up early on a weekend and go to school on a Sunday morning!  Except here they called it Sunday School, where we would learn about stories from the bible.  At least this type of school was only an hour and it was way better then watching the actual church service which was nothing but the same fucking prayers and songs every Sunday.

I learned a lot about the Bible in those Sunday School classes.  One thing I noticed the most was that a lot of the customs that were common back in those days would be fucking insane by today's standards.  You would be put to death if you went into work on a Sunday or talked back to your parents.  You also can't collect material possessions or owe people any debts.  Holy hell we would be fucked there.  People go all day about how The Book of Mormon is to far fetched to be true yet they forget that the Bible is just as insane.  According to the Bible, the next women that grabs my balls gets her fucking hand cut off.  I'm sorry, I meant "Secrets" 

Maybe its high time someone rewrote that shit.  We know very little about how the Bible came to be written. For all we know it could have been written by a person similar to those people that spend their life savings on some billboard declaring the end of the world in two weeks.  Plus its to long with to many old words.  Guys stopped calling their balls "Secrets" years ago.  I know if there was some book that I supposedly endorsed that said I can't stand handicap or cripple people I would be a little pissed off.  If there is a God and he does endorse it then fuck'em.  Heaven would suck if it was run by someone or something like that.

Weather or not there is a God is a question we will all face at some point.  I myself am not sure what to believe.  I've tripped on psychedelics to many times to not believe in something.  Sit shore side of a lake on a hot sunny day with a light breeze coming off the water... even without the added shrooms its enough to twist any open mind into thinking of something bigger than just life and death.  In the meantime my advice would be to have fun with the life you've been given.  Before you know it you'll be staring that question in the face and hopefully before you do, you can look back on life and be happy with what took place.  I just hope that if there is a god, he or she kicks ass.    

1 comment: